Over the past 12 months, there has been a lot said about the changing labor market. From 16% unemployment in March 2020 down to less than 4% today, we’ve seen a recruiting challenge unlike any other.
Our guest today knows a thing or two or three about these changes. He’s been on the technology side of the talent acquisition industry for more than 20 years, and today, he is the CEO of Talroo, Thad Price.
As someone who oversees more than billion monthly searches by job seekers, Thad has a fairly unique perspective on the trends on the job market and what it takes to hire top talent.
In this show, we discuss:
- The current labor market and four critical factors driving talent shortages.
- Why talent acquisition needs to be viewed as a sales and marketing process.
- The impact of remote work and what small to midsize companies can do to effectively compete against larger, often higher paying organizations.
- The value of creating “battle cards” as a way to think through talent attraction.
- The impact of gig work on recruiting and the often overlooked advantages of traditional employment.
- How organizations need to change the paradigm of hiring from reactive to strategic and see people as a revenue center.
If you’d like to know more about Thad and Talroo, here’s how you can connect:
Secrets of Staffing Success is brought to you by Haley Marketing.